Rule 28: Control your food; don’t let your food control you!
I talk about meal prep all the time!!! And why is that? Because If you’re not prepared you’re going to end up eating whatever is cheapest, closest an fastest, like…junk food!
But controlling your food goes a lot deeper than that… Most of us have issues with food. It varies from person to person, but we all have our issues and part of being prepared is also to prevent those issues from controlling you.
Eating disorder is not just anorexia; it can come in all ways snd shapes and I still haven’t met someone who doesn’t suffer from it.
Some people suffer from it and need professional help but most of you are able to stop using stupid excuses, get up and take control over your food!
Meal prep is not an option in the world we live! It’s not a choice! The sooner you understand that, the sooner you get your result! Simple!
I talk about it so much, but you need to control you food.
Here are some tips:
· Drink water. Sometimes we confuse hunger with thirst, so make sure you always have water with you. It’s part of being prepared.
· Make sure that when you leave your house you have 2 meals with you.
· I’m not a big fan of it health-wise, but it works when you’re on a diet: Sugar free gum.
· Don’t care about what your co-worker/friends/family have to say. They’re jealous and fat!
· Make the meal prep your thing! Make it pretty! Take pics and post them online! Be proud that you’re controlling you food and not the other way around.
· Listen to your body! As you start making your own food, you’re going to notice changes in what you like and able to eat. When your insides are not burning from processed crap you get from your love for sweet/sour/spicy and etc. You’re also going to find things that you are sensitive to .Listen and change it J
· Don’t be afraid to dump it in the garbage. Its better than in your body. You can also go the homeless shelter and maybe they would like it… But then again, if you don’t want your food because of how it tastes you might want to consider giving it to somebody else. But honestly…stop with that. Stop being cheap with your money start being smart with your health and goals.
· Before you start making the food. Write EVERYTHING you’re going to eat ALL week! Then check out what’s the fastest way to make it.
· Don’t forget to make dessert! Control you food and, more important, control your cheating!
Frozen yogurt: So simple it’s sad. Grab a yogurt (I go for plain to cut on excess sugar), grab a frozen fruit of your choice (last time I used mango), and add half a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Blend and freeze in smell boxes.
Chocolate frozen yogurt: plain yogurt, 1 tbsp cacao powder. Blend and freeze.
Bounty’s: first heat 5 tbsp coconut oil. When it’s fully melted add 1 tbsp honey. Wait until the coconut oil is thick again (I put it in the freezer for 10 min). Add SLOWLY 80 grams of shredded coconut. Make sure it’s still sticky and then make balls. Put in the freezer for 30 min. While you wait heat the chocolate (the darker the better). Roll the ball through the chocolate and cool it.
Ice cream: Mix 1 scoop of protein powder with ¼ cup of your choice of milk. Freeze.
Now go enjoy you cheating.