Thursday 29 May 2014

I’ve been asked to do grocery list for you so let’s start! Every week I’ll put my weekly grocery list on the facebook page with pics but I want to explain why and how I choose everything. Don’t forget to check the weekly list for season surprises and new adventures.
Just to make sure you understand: I don’t buy it all in once but its stuff that I do buy!
Fruits:
·         Banana - If you do weight lifting and only on the days you lift you can have it
·         Berries - prefer fresh if you do choose to go for frozen make sure it UNSWEETEND, blueberries are the best choice then it blackberries/raspberries, cranberries and etc. and of course NO DRIED FRUITS!
·         Lemons or lime to add taste and to put in your water to clean your liver.
·         Local fruits you can add one small fruit to your food just try to make sure it local or not as high in sugar. I love grapes but I don’t but it all the time, same with pineapple…water melon however its nice…full with water and easy on your waist line (again, watch the amount) in the season I like having pomegranate.  I change it a lot and I try to cut on the sugary fruit or limited
 1 per day.
Veggies:
·         Tomato and cucumber (yes I consider tomato as veggie)
·         Green leaves (lettuce should be your last choice I much prefer you to go with kale, spinach, arugula, Swiss chard etc.)
·         Mushroom (shitake are anti fungal and they the best for you, if you trying to lose weight mushroom are great way to feel full and keep the calories low)
·         Onion (green are the best then purple, yellow, white and sweet)
·         Hot Peppers (I use jalapeno to spice my food and sometime I use chillies too)
·         Bell peppers (I don’t over eat them but probably once every 2-3 week I’ll buy it)
·         Asparagus (green and don’t forget to remove the steams)
·         Broccoli (it’s a must!!! Packed with everything! Don’t skip it and don’t forget to check post 34 because it just about broccoli…the KING)
·         Brussels sprout (low in carbs full with nutrition and give a nice twist for everything)
·         Cauliflower (because it awesome)
·         Green bean (PROTIEN)
·         Artichoke (superfood but sometimes annoying…I only buy it if I find frozen heart I don’t have the patience to deal with the leaves)
·         Fennel (superfood)
·         Watercress (superfood)
·         Okra (superfood)
·         Eggplant (superfood and also give you feel like you eating something very filling but still pretty low in calories)
·         Beet (superfood and also give you feel like you eating something very filling but still pretty low in calories)
·         Celery (you really need me to explain why?)
Carbs:
·         Yams (don’t forget to check post 36 to know more about it)
·         Quinoa (post 30)
·         Oats (don’t forget to check post 38 to know more about it)
·         Wild rice/brown rice
·         squash (winter and summer)
·         peas, carrot and corn (I don’t eat those things right now but you can )
Protein:
·         lean turkey breast/lean ground turkey breast
·         lean chicken breast/lean ground chicken breast
·         lean beef
·         bison
·         fish (salmon is the best then tuna then anything and sole/basa/tilapia are you last choice)
·         canned tuna in water
·         Greek yogurt or probiotic yogurt
·         Eggs
·         Milk/chocolate milk (only in days I do weight training)
·         Lentils/beans (just because it nice to change sometime…not more then 1 every 2 weeks include hummus)
·         Once every 3-4 weeks I get to eat bacon (and I wish its was more)
Fat:
·         Olive oil (extra virgin)
·         Coconut oil (ghee work too, check post 1 for more info)
·         Any natural nut butter (try cashew its great)
Condiment:
·         Hot sauce
·         Mayo (light)
·         Mustard
Lemon juice

Research and writing by Dana Gat ©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment