Sunday 3 March 2013


Rule 9…Carbs are not the enemy (GMO food is).
We all love Kate Middleton, she’s a pretty, nice princess and she has the cutest baby bump ever! She also had to spend a few days in the hospital due to “severe morning sickness” or, as the rest of us call it – poor health.
Why is her health so poor? Because low-carbs diet is not just unhealthy - it can be dangerous.
A few years ago when I was younger and dumber I went on a low-carb diet.
I lost weight so fast it was crazy!
How can I not love it?
I eat all the food I love (2 of my favourite foods are fish and eggs) and I lost weight!
My muscles got bigger but you know what got weaker?
My heart!
 I was 19 at the time and heart problems is not something a “healthy 19 year old” should have, but I wasn’t healthy.
It came to the point where I felt like my body was overflowing with protein. I was so weak I couldn’t do more than 5 minutes treadmill on 0% incline and 3.5km; just for your comprehension - 3 days after I started to eat carbs again I went back to do 60 minutes on a treadmill on 12% incline and 4.2km.
When something affects your heart it’s a matter of life or death!
Low-carb diet will kill you.
I don’t like to eat carbs, it’s true. Most of my diet is still about protein. I need to make myself eat carbs.
I still hate wheat but I like potato, yams, quinoa and rice pasta (I don’t like rice but if you like it - go crazy, it’s good for you).
I also want to talk with you about what are carbs and why eating them can prevent you from getting type 2 diabetes.
Carbs are our fuel. If you want to do something you need fuel, just like a car.
Carbs is a big word - carbohydrate - for a lot of thing, 2 of them being sugar and fibre.
I’m not sure what you think you know but we need sugar.
Diabetes doesn’t happen just to obese people; it happens to someone with  unbalanced sugar level. So next time you order fat-free, sugar–free vanilla latte think of it.
Trying too much to be skinny -  you might end up with diabetes.
Have you ever seen a meal plan for someone with diabetes? There are more carbs in their diet then mine.
After years of eating mostly protein I’m trying to pump up my carbs intake now so I can be healthy and have energy.
Our cells feed on sugar for energy, don’t forget it.
How do you support EAT THE CAKE AND NOT GET FAT if you can’t eat sugar?
Sugar comes in so many shapes! We have the sugar in pop drink and we have the sugar in tomatoes and other veggies.
 They’re both sugar. How do we know which one is best for us?
I’m not going to talk about biochemistry of sugar but I found this trick to be very helpful: if it has a commercial it’s not food.
Ever saw a commercial for soda or some kind of pop? Yes
Ever saw a commercial for broccoli? NO!
I eat carbs for 2 main reasons:
·         They give me energy so I can live
·         Fibres
Fibre – this amazing thing that cleans our body and gets rid of unwanted crap.
Animal protein has zero fibre in it. Other sources of protein like legumes and such actually have decent amounts of fibre (we will talk about protein next week so don’t worry)
Makes sense?
I mumbled a lot this time so I’m going to round it up now.
You want to EAT THE CAKE AND NOT GET FAT? Eat carbs!
Look at carbs as fuel.
There is not really any reason to eat lots of carbs before you go to sleep so try to limit your carbs intake after 5pm.
In the AM try to make sure 95% of your food come from carbs.
You need energy for the day and if you’re trying to lose weight this rule is even more important for you because until you put energy in your body your body would hold on to the energy it has and this is when your body transforms the sugar (kind of carbs) to fat.
The fat in your thighs and butt.
You won’t drive your car without fuel right? Don’t do it to your body.

Researched and Written by Dana Gat  2013 ©


No comments:

Post a Comment